New Indian Higher Secondary School
New Indian Higher Secondary School established and administered by a private management began functioning from 1981. Our School. is an unaided institution recognized by the Govt. of Kerala, India and Govt. of U.A.E, approved by M.O.E, U.A.E and licensed by R.A.K Municipality. We follow Kerala Syllabus accepted by SCERT leading to S.S.L.C. and H.S.E. examinations of the Kerala Govt. The medium of instruction is English. We strive to provide the best of modern educational experience to the young minds.
The school caters to the intellectual, physical and spiritual growth of young boys and girls from Pre- schooling to Higher Secondary levels. NIS, RAS AL KHAIMAH is a pioneer in the field of holistic education and is certainly one of the most sought after institutions for its value based curriculum, child-centric teaching and learning environment, and the dedicated faculty.NIS, RAS AL KHAIMAH is a school with spectacular differences where the East meets the West generating a distinct culture of social and moral values. Faith in God , love for humanity, mutual coexistence, and the quest for the ultimate lead young minds to innovation and research thereby inciting them to enrich their knowledge and face the challenges of the day with wisdom and confidence.
NIS serves Nine hundred seventy Eight students from 29 countries. The school is divided into four cycles – Kindergarten, Cycle 1 (grade one to grade five), cycle 2 (grades six, seven, and eight), and Cycle 3 (grades nine to twelve). A typical class has twenty students.
The core of excellence at NIS is the talented faculty and administrators. Our School is headed by a trained and dashing Principal. In addition, the Senior Leadership Team includes the well Experienced Vice Principal and a bunch of educational experts. The teaching faculty comprises well over 71 teachers. Over 90% of our teachers hold advanced degrees. The teachers at NIS are dedicated professionals with a commitment to on-going development, as demonstrated by frequent attendance at regional conferences and subject-specific workshops. The faculty works in close interaction with students giving them personal care. We believe that each child is unique with exclusive talents & potentials. A full-time nurse Oversees the school’s health unit. We also have a doctor on call. We have 20 individuals working as our non teaching staff.
OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM
Our leadership team work in the direction of ensuring consistently good teaching and learning through suitable authority distribution among the four phases. We have a team to plan, direct, equip, implement, ensure, integrate, manage& encourage all the activities related to phase 1. The team is led by Principal, Supervisor &, HOD. Senior leaders are highly committed to the UAE national and Emirate Priorities. Our Leaders at all levels, including the Principal, demonstrate through knowledge of the curriculum and best practices in teaching, learning and assessment. We are focused on increasing student’s achievement.
- Pupils must come on time to school. Latecomers will not be admitted in the class (school time 7.45 am-1.45 pm).
- Even pupil must possess a copy of the school calendar which should be brought to school daily.
- The speaking of English is enforced in the school and within the school premises
- Personal cleanliness and hygiene are expected from all. Coloring of the hair and the use of styling gel is strictly prohibited. Grooming of the hair is compulsory. Shabby uncombed hair will not be permitted. Girls are not allowed to use fancy jewellery.
- Each child admitted in the school must have the complete school uniform exact in colour and pattern. A pupil without uniform and shoes may be asked to return home.
- Running, playing shouting inside the school building is never allowed. Perfect silence must be observed when changing classes for languages and other subjects.
- The pupils are not permitted to remain absent from school on working days. Leave is granted only in the circumstances beyond control like sickness etc.
- If a pupil is late or absent, he must bring a written justification in the absent record/Late coming record in his calendar.
- Pupils must return after the holiday on the appointed day. In case of sickness for more than 3 days, the principal must be informed and doctor’s certificate must be produced along with the leave application.
- Pupils who remain absent for one month or more without permission are liable to have their names struck off from the rolls, and may not be readmitted.
- No pupil should leave the school premises except by special permission of the principal
- The school is not held responsible, if books, money, clothes and other articles are lost. Pupils must look after their own possessions. It is not advisable to have money or valuable articles with them. All are advised to bring books etc, in a bag or satchel that can be securely locked.
- Parents and guardians are requested to co-operate with the school by working side by side towards the growth and development of the child. .
- They are request to send their wards in proper school uniform in time, to be punctual at school and to be vigilant that their wards come to school with necessary books and stationary adhere to the discipline of the school and participate in school activities.
- The school shall be sending message, notice, reports monthly terminal etc.at regular interval through school calendar. Parents and guardians are requested to look into these and sign them. Failure to do so may put their children to great inconvenience and render them liable to being sent home.
- Parents or guardians or other person are not allowed to see their teachers during school hours without permission of the principal. No parents/guardians should contact the teacher directly.
- Parents and guardians are expected to be very particular to see that their children return home immediately after school hours except on days when stay on for co-curricular activities. It may be noted that responsibility of the authorities cease immediately after school hours.
- Parents are requested not to send their children to school if they are medically unfit. If a pupil is absent due to illness for more than 3 days, the principal must be informed at once.
- A School Clinic provided for treating minor injuries that may occur, in case of more serious incident the state medical authorities has to be contacted as quickly as possible but the school does not accept responsibility for the summoning of such medical authorities or for treatment given
- In order to provide immediate medical attention in case of emergency, parents are requested to send photocopy of the health registration card of their child.
- Suggestions given by the parents in co-operative and constructive spirit are always a welcome and will given due consideration.
- The school management reserves the right to admit or not to admit any child and to revise the rules and regulations at any time, if considered necessary.
- Any changes in the residential address or telephone number may please be immediately notified to the school authorities.